Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Midweek Update : 3rd Week of June

Task 1:


According to my last post, I started task 1 and implemented 'getServiceDescription()' method using Sling. I used a java.net.HttpURLConnection connection to communicate with Sling launchpad and org.json.JSONObject to parse the received JSON string. Everything works fine up to that point and I'm able to get Service Description in XML format. 

But when creating ServiceDescription object, I got following exception. I talked about this with my gsoc mentors and had their opinion. And now I'm working on it.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError         at org.apache.airavata.schemas.gfac.ServiceDescriptionDocument$Factory.newInstance (ServiceDescriptionDocument.java:45) at org.apache.airavata.commons.gfac.type.ServiceDescription.<init>(ServiceDescription.java:34) at org.apache.airavata.commons.gfac.type.ServiceDescription.fromXML(ServiceDescription.java:47)

Task 2:


So far I was working with dummy repository data which were stored in embedded jackrabbit repository of Sling launchpad and now I'm trying to plug a separate jackrabbit server so I can work with real data created through xbaya. According to a thread in Sling-user mailing list archive, I configured an external repository but I keep getting http 503 error with the following message, when I try to access the repository.

HTTP ERROR 503Problem accessing /content. Reason: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.
Powered by Jetty://

I asked this from Sling-user mailing list and waiting for an reply. That's all for now. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

javascript:void(0);