Thursday, June 7, 2012

Progress Update for the 1st Week of June


According to my project proposal, first thing to implement is the login procedure. So I studied login part of Airavata registry API by debugging the system and I think I have a good understanding about it now. 

In last 2 weeks I studied Apache Sling and Apache Jackrabbit, and I followed most of their tutorials well. I got some issues with samples in Sling Source and I sent several emails to their user and dev mailing lists. I had to wait several days for a response and finally I got one. Hopefully I will be able to keep contact with them. The good thing is Sling community was aware of my project even before I contacted them.

Apache Sling has something called Launchpad (a server), and it has its own jackrabbit repository. The tutorials are based on that. I was trying to plug a separate jackrabbit server instead of its in-built one, and I think it is possible. I'm trying to understand how to use this Launchpad for this project.

No comments: